Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 2702E / AIR-ANT2524V4C-R

metelcomag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

We have a bunch of CAP 2702E access-points in combination with the AIR-ANT2524V4C-R external Antenna and WLC 2504

In the instructions I found the flowing sentence: <<The 5-GHz antenna cables are identified by a orange collar near

the connectors. Make sure that you connect these cables to the 5-GHz antenna connection on the access point.>>

Unfortunately all the cables are signed orange. There is NO difference between the four cables. How do i know which one is 2.4/5GHz?

Or doesn't it matter how I connect them to the access-point?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Antenna gain setting in the WLC is just for reference if using Prime Infrastructure. What you have to look at is the Transmit Power (TX) on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band. TX power of 1 is the highest, 2 is half the power and so on. Coverage also depends on attenuation, interference and client devices. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is a dual band antenna so it doesn't matter what connector goes into what antenna port. The 2702e's are dual band antenna ports also. 

-Scott

-Scott

Thank you Scott for the fast replay.

The Problem is that we have a small range of signal. And it seems that something isn't correct here with this installation. The antennas are all ceiling mounted.

The only thing configured is the Antenna Gain in the WLC settings. Is there more to do for a bit more signal? Never worked so far with external antennas configuration.

Thanks!

Antenna gain setting in the WLC is just for reference if using Prime Infrastructure. What you have to look at is the Transmit Power (TX) on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band. TX power of 1 is the highest, 2 is half the power and so on. Coverage also depends on attenuation, interference and client devices. 

-Scott

-Scott

Thank you Scott. It was like you said.

The TX of the internal antennas was set "1" and near all external had "6" by global assignment. I made some measurements and had in one room first -83dBm with TX6 and

later -65dBm with TX1. Massive!

No problem.  Every drop in power is half of the previous. Glad it worked out for you. 

-Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card