Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3502i stuck blinking green

seth.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Every,

I have just purchased three 3502i access points and am having a hard time getting them to communicate with my 2106 controller.  Currently, i have the APs plugged directly into the PoE port on the WLAN Controller.  From everything i have read so far this should allow me to see the access point in the controller GUI and allow configuration.  However, the controller doesnt seem to find the access point, or visa versa.  The LED on the AP just blinks green continuously.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Console into the AP and enter the command "config lwapp ip address ".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is your deployment plan to just have 1-2 connected directly to the 2106 and none on the wired infrastructure?

My guess is that your AP is not able to get a DHCP address. You could try to configure it with a static IP and watch it join....   If you want to use dhcp, then I think there is some specific config combination to allow that through (don't know off the top of my head).

My suggestion would be to static IP them if directly attached.

I'd highly recommend you have them in the wired infrastructure though....

And since the 2100 is 100Mb, and the 3502 is 1000Mb, you might want to consider an HREAP deployment with local switching so the 2100 isn't your bottleneck.....   but HREAP wont work as locally connected to the 2100 (AFAIK).

I believe the IP address may be the issue. I did manage to find the device listed in the neighboring interfaces section, listed with no IP address. I have followed the settings in the manual for allowing the proxy of the dhcp. It appears this is not functioning.

I've attempted to correct this problem with no luck. Is there a way to connect to the access point and set a static IP?  The normal CLI set ip option doesnt seem to work. And the "Getting started"  guide has not helped.

Console into the AP and enter the command "config lwapp ip address ".

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings.  

Thanks Leo for contributing on CSC .

Thanks & Regards

No problem Vinay. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card