Replies

Wireless Client Gets Random and Temp Invalid IP After Being Connected

dy2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a setup like this:

WLC 5508 v7.0.98

6-7 Autonomous upgraded to lightweight APs - 2 * 1231G while the rest are 1242AG

3 dynamic interfaces, 2 to Corp (diff VLANs) and 1 to Guest

4 WLANs binded to different interfaces

2 to the Corp interface Vlan X

1 to Guest

1 to Corp Vlan Y

DHCP for Corp is provided by their own Win DHCP server while controller is the DHCP server for Guest. Lease time is 1 day.

My problem now is, some clients, at random, loses their IP after being connected to the network. They get a 169.254.x.x. They connect to the Corp network OK, no browsing issues but after a while, they lose their IP address.

They can either wait for a while before getting an IP back or just simple renew their IP on their machine.

I've tried increasing the threshold values in the Local EAP to double its default values and also setting the WLAN session time out values to infinite. However, these 2 didn't work. I'm still having clients that occasionally lose their IPs at random.

I've also noted that this affects clients with WZC wireless drivers and not others e.g. Intel Proset.

What could be going on here? I've also attached the logs from the controller.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please upgrade your WLC to 7.0.98.218 or 7.0.116 and try to recproduce the issue!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

Is there a bug of some kind from my version that I'm not aware of?

Would you kindly enlighten?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes we do have some DHCP related bugs in this version.. the Release Notes will gives us all the info!!! Please upgrade the WLC and see if we are able to recreate the issue!!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

Despite upgrading to the latest 7.0.116 version of WLC, we're still getting connectivity drops on the clients.

Hi,

I've attached a client side debug logs for yr reference and also the latest logs from the controller.

From the logs, it looks more like a bug still.

hi,

It will be very helpfull if u could post the wlc "show run-config" along with the WLAN to which we are connecting and facing the issue..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

Attached is the configuration log from the WLC.

Affected users are on the WLAN 3 binded to dynamic-interface internal

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card