Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco aironet3702e point to multipoint connection

Hasan Nisar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I have 3 APs with autonomous software, so i want to connect them as P2MPT via wireless not wired, One as root-bridge and the other non-root-bridge, the non-root-bridge APs connect to switches to brovide their clients with internet connection via UTP cables.

Note:The image attached shows the scenario. 

1 Accepted Solution
12 Replies 12

Hi

What you described is a very basic Mesh network. No big deal. Just take a step by step guide and go for it.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio
Im not that much on cisco Access Point
if you please help me with link or what ever to do please?

Since you don’t have a WLC and the AP’s are standalone, P2P is what you need. Here is a link that can help you get started:
https://ptp1.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/cisco-autonomous-access-points-in-point-to-multipoint-configuration/
You can also search for Cisco Autonomous point to multipoint or Cisco autonomous point to point.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Dear Scott,

I dont know how to thank you, its worked directly so thanks a lot of million thanks.

No problem. Glad it was easy and you have it working.
-Scott

Hi Scott

our scenario as for 1km distance as max between main AP and the non-root-bridge APs. and max throughput as 40mbps.

so i run it in 2.4ghz radio, will it work well, or i have to enable some features to get this transmission rate as max(40mbps)? or i have to enable 5ghz next to 2.4ghz? and the ssid shall it be the same or different ?

Note: the AP is has 2 antennas.

Kind Regards

or i have to enable Band Select checkbox on ssid manager settings?

or check the checkboxes for Radio0-802.11N 2.4ghz and Radio1-802.11AC 5ghz?

or there is another configuration?

please guide me for this.

Regards.

You need to make sure you have lined up the antennas and that you have line of site to achieve that connection.
You can try the 5ghz first and see if you get a connection then test with the 2.4ghz if the 5ghz doesn’t get you what you want.
Look at the configuration guide as that will show you the commands to tell the AP’s what antenna port to use. I’m assuming you will have a high gain patch or directional antenna that is mounted outside. You can search around for a dual band 4 lead antenna which would be preferred also.
If you can’t achieve a good connection between the two links, then either you didn’t line up the antennas, the antennas don’t have good line of site, or there is interfaces between the two links.
Stage the APs first and get a link when the AP’s are close first before you mount the AP’s. That way you can verify things are working before mounting the AP’s and antennas.
-Scott

Hello

Yes they have Line-of-Site

what i want to do is to enable both radios 2.4 and 5 ghz and let the clients choose the best for them automatically. 

I don’t get it. Your doing a P2P bridge, what client? Bridge should be dedicated to the root and the non root with no wireless client. That is my opinion however. You need to dedicate a band for the bridge link, that is your important one, not client.
-Scott

Hello Scott

i have problem that i dont get the full data transfer rate using 2.4Ghz mode?

so is there any configuration or options to be changed to gain high data transfer rate ??

Please help me

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card