Helpful
Replies

CISCO AP 3602I & 2602I DBI & throughput

hamzashahid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Hope you all are great!

i have been reading specs for both model i.e  AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 & AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9 but having little confusion here can u please share knowledge with me that what's the dbi of both APs where i have read that 

2602I has 4 dbi on both frequency and 3602I has 2 dbi for 2.4Ghz and 4 dbi for 5 Ghz with same throughput

let me know am i wrong or correct?

kindly reply asap

Thanks & best Regards:

HAMZA SHAHID

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

dBi is a measure of the power of the signal it is not a measure of throughput,
with the remark of that course better signal can result in more throughput 

please clarify the question

Hi @hamzashahid,

Regarding "dbi" you are absolutely correct but throughput depends upon multiple factors like signal strength, interference, etc.

***Please mark all helpful posts***

Spooster IT Services Team

Thanks for your kind response, yes that's right and now i am clear to both things i was just confirming that both things that i am saying are right or not.

Further more can you please elaborate for me what should i choose as in comparison of both models.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Aironet 2600 Series - Cisco
End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Aironet 3600 Series - Cisco

as for EOL, for a new installation both models are not the best choice

Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Points Data Sheet

Cisco Aironet 3600 Series Access Point Data Sheet

neglecting the EOL , the 3600 series is more advanced and have option to install additional modules
but needs PoE+ (30W) to enable all options, as the 2600 series uses PoE ( only15,4W)
so if your current infrastructure are PoE (not + ) switches I would prefer 2600 over 3600

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card