Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9120AX and AIR-AP1852E

tehnic@vetro.ro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have support for Cisco C9120AX and AIR-AP1852E.
The problem is, in the local network there is already an AP1852E with Mobility Express configured as Controller - 1pc.
I purchased 3 pieces of C9120AX AP with Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points.

In situatia de fata Cisco C9120AX nu se conecteaza la Controllerul AIR-AP1852E.

Who should I make the Main Controller?
What software / OS does each require to operate on the same network / LAN?

Or is there any other solution to make all 4 APs functional in the same network / LAN?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I personally would use the 9120’s and EWC. Keep in mind that when you setup the EWC, there should be no other controller that the ap may get a response from. The guide will specifically call that out. You may want to create a new vlan and setup the EWC and either move it or just leave it in the new vlan.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I can't give up the AIR-AP1852E because it has a WIFI antenna connected to the outside.

I reset to factory AIR-AP1852E and C9120AX make single controller in LAN, then I connected to the network AP1852E, but does not connect to C9120AX Controller.

Another idea?

Well I wanted you to research everything first so you had a good idea what your options are. The 1852 needs to have the capwap image installed in order to join the controller. Originally you had that as Mobility Express. So you will have to download the lightweight image from Cisco and upload the image to the ap. The release notes will guide you through the steps. You can also search for Mobility Express to capwap as there is a command to convert the ap and there are videos also to show how to push the image if the conversation doesn’t work.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card