Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B-EDU

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a Catalyst C9130AXI-B-EDU access point. How do I configure it in stand alone mode? 

21 Replies 21

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Standalone for these models means converting to Embedded Wireless Controller :
                     https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

It will then be able to function as an AP too , besides being a controller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marce1000, 

Thank you for your reply and guidance. 

Per the instructions it explains "Contents of the extracted zip file must be copied to a TFTP server." where do I find the zip file? The image file, per the table would be "ap1g6a"

Thank you again!

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to download the configuration file on the cisco software page. However, how do I set the path of the AP so its able to find the file on my computer? I downloaded FTP software just need assistance with creating the correct path.

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Marce1000. 

I think I figured it out, below are the steps I took

Step 1:

Reference the following article:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

Step 2:

Download the EWC software from:

Software.cisco.com

Step 3:

Download TFTP software

Step 4:

Extract the zip file into a folder and setup the TFTP software

Step 5:

Modify the TFTP IP address in the input via CLI ap-type ewc-ap tftp://192.168.1.(xxx)/ap1g6a tftp://192.168.1.(xxx)/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

Step 6:

Sit back and watch the magic!

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Marce, Thank you again.

I have a few issues:

First, I had the AP up and running with a solid "GREEN" LED light, and a "BLUE" LED light once I connected my phone. For some reason the AP is now blinking "RED and GREEN" but, I am still able to connect to the internet. 

Second, per the GUI and the Cisco Catalyst Wireless Smartphone App, it shows the WLANS I created but, it does not show anything under "Access Points" or "Wireless Clients" 

Third, I received the following errors  via the EWC GUI 

Critical *Jun  8 18:39:54.618: %QUEUE-2-LINKED : Chassis 1 Bad queue_enqueue of ab3e6a04 in queue ab1ab91c
Criticaliosd*Jun  8 18:39:53.886: %PKI-2-NON_AUTHORITATIVE_CLOCK: PKI functions can not be initialized until an authoritative time source, like NTP, can be obtained.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

>... Chassis 1 Bad queue_enqueue of ab3e6a04 in queue ab1ab91c
                   https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwe21876

>...PKI functions can not be initialized until an authoritative time source, like NTP, can be obtained.
            Make sure to configure an NTP server on the EWC AP  ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, I fixed the time added a couple of servers in addition to the ones provided by the EWC. Also configured daylight savings

JG1418_0-1717913256955.png

Do you happen to know why the AP is blinking Green and Red and not a solid blue or green?

>....Do you happen to know why the AP is blinking Green and Red and not a solid blue or green?
        - Might be due to insufficient power , post  output of : show power inline gigabitEthernet1/2 detail
          This from the switch where the particular AP port is connected to , of course replace the interface name (blue) accordingly

M.

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Cisco Aironet POE injector (AIR-PWRINJ6=) What would the output post within the "Command Line Interface" of the EWC?

Thank you again Marce.

>...I'm using a Cisco Aironet POE injector (AIR-PWRINJ6=)
  - Should be ok for powering ; also check the configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed
     the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Marce, 

Thank you again for all your assistance! I think initially, after I added the EWC to the AP. I didn't correctly configure it. I found this video which helped me a great deal.

Web-based - Cisco EWC AP Day0 Provisioning-WebUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCJTGAO5_c

Wireless App - Cisco EWC AP Day0 Provisioning-WebUI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5-gC324Uog

Everything seems to be working very well! I might connect another AP for better coverage at a later time. 

This video shows how to provision and manage Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst C9100 Series APs through Cisco Catalyst Wireless app

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

One issue. We had a power outage this morning, and all the WLANS (using WPA2 - Personal) lost their passwords.

I had to add them all back and now everything works again. What would cause that? 

SETTINGS:

WPA2 Policy = On

WPA2 Encryption = AES(CCMP128)

PSK Format = ASCII

PSK Type = Unencrypted

Pre-Shared Key* = (All WLAN Passwords were lost and WLANS were all disabled)

JG1418_0-1718154240860.png

- Make sure to save the controller configuration always after making changes , 

M.

JG1418
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your reply Marce,

I usually do, I went ahead and clicked save a couple of time. I plan on pulling the plug this weekend to see if it holds the settings. I will let you know either way.

Thank you again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card