Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMX - Wipe visitor data information

jadesmoreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gyus,

Can anyone clarify if there is possible clean/wipe the client/visitor data information of the register Portal from CMX (version 10.3)?

The end device register on the CMX portal using your name, e-mail and personal identification for exemple, and we would like to wipe this sensitive information from CMX, I research for documentations about it but didn´t find any. I´m wondering if it´s possible to perform a wipe this type of data.

I found this command but I'm unsure about if it works accordingly

cmxctl config data deleteAll (Deletes all client history and analytics raw data)

Thank you very much.

2 Replies 2

Yes, it is possible to clean/wipe the client/visitor data information of the register Portal from CMX version 10.3. However, the command "cmxctl config data deleteAll" that you've found, would delete all of the client data in the CMX system; it is essentially like wiping the complete database in CMX, so its usage should be avoided if you don't want to delete all data.

Instead, the command to use would be "cmxctl config connect deleteClientsALL" which specifically targets the clients' data for deletion. This command won't affect other data in your system.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

There are option to clean/wipe on CMX version 10.3? I aks it because I checked the previous command and it is available starting 10.5 version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card