cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EWC with Catalyst 9130AIX Access Points / Clean Air Not Working?

nick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - here is situation:

1. I have both a 9800-CL controller and EWC controller setup.  Both have the exact same configuration.  I would prefer to use EWC to controll my 9130AIX access points so I don't have to spin up the VM.  

2. Using the 9800-CL controller in a VM each 9130AIX access point runs clean air fine.  I can see cleanair statisics and it finds interferers. 

3. On the EWC clean air does not seem to work.  "Specture Operation Status" stay down even though it is enabled.  The controller does NOT show any interferers, ever. 

Does anyone know why this is happening?  Does Embedded Wireless Controller even support clean air?  

7 Replies 7

Searching on Cisco docs, we dont see any limitation on the CleanAir for EWLC. Can you provide informations about Software version from WLC?

nick
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried 17.3.5, 17.6.3 and 17.8.1.  All versions exhibit the same behaviour. 

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

For me 17.3.4c and 17.3.6x all works fine and displays statistics.

The only thing I haven't noticed before is I was missing the Radio configuration section on GUI.Missing Radio ConfigMissing Radio ConfigCleanAir Interface StatusCleanAir Interface StatusCleanair StatsCleanair Stats

nick
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running 9130AIX access points like I am?

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

This is a mixed environment with C9130 and C9120, but C9130 is the primary controller.

After consulting TAC about Radio configuration missing, this is a known defect on 17.6 train which is been fixed... maybe your issue is related to this so open a TAC case.

nick
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting - I don't have the Radio Configuration missing issue in either 17.6.3 or 17.8.1 - my environment is mixed (C9130AIX and AP1562). 

murmucka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i also had the same problem with ewc version 17.8.1

i downgraded back to 17.6.3 and spectrum analysis works again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card