cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS-XE System Diagnostics: Invalid # of commands for workflow steps: 174

tstrode01
Level 1
Level 1

I ran a system diagnostic on a 3850 running 3.7.5, using the Cisco CLI Analyzer tool, and received the following danger message:

Cisco IOS-XE System Diagnostics: Invalid # of commands for workflow steps: 174

I am trying to figure out what this exactly means and how to address it.

Thanks,

Terry

5 Replies 5

I would assume Analyzer tool is not updated with 3.7.5 command syntax.

HTH

Rasika

Hello,

I am getting the same error message when I run the diagnostics on my 3850. Cisco CLI Analyzer 3.6.0, which is the only version I see on Cisco's website. Do you have a link to 3.7.5? I hope that fixes it for me. Thanks.

wwaters
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a similar issue.  Cisco CLI Analyzer version 3.6.0 - Cisco 3850 version 16.3.6.  Error message is Cisco IOS-XE System Diagnostics: Invalid # of commands for workflow steps: 163.

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Terry,

Thank you for using the Cisco CLI Analyzer. The message you are seeing is due to the fact that we set a hard limit on the number of commands the CLI Analyzer can support to 100 per workflow step. This prevents the Analyzer from locking up by running thousands of commands at once and helps manage the amount of data output being sent back to Cisco as our API team sets a hard limit as well.

With the next release of the CLI Analyzer we plan on increasing the max workflow steps to 250 which should mitigate this issue, unfortunately we have no control over how many commands the Cisco back-end is sending so there is no workaround at this time.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Joshua

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Additionally, if you are experiencing any issues with the Cisco CLI Analyzer in the future please utilize our Community page located here, https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-cli-analyzer/bd-p/13013216-discussions-cisco-cli-analyzer
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card