cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 1100 Wireless Client Mode

hesen.h
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends. I have a question about Cisco ISR 1100. Can we configure it to connect to another SSID? We want to connect the router to WAN with a wireless connection.  There isn't much information about it and I don't have the router itself to do the hands-on practice.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ISR 1100 series routers can be ordered with in-built Wi-Fi module

Cisco 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers Data Sheet - Cisco

They can be ordered either with Wi-Fi5 module (Aironet1815 is built-in to the router) or Wi-Fi6 (Catalyst 9105 is built-in to the router).Unfortunately both of them doesn't support WGB nor Mesh when run in controller mode (ME or EWC). So answer is "NO", you cannot use your AP radio's as your WAN uplink.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand correctly you looking ASR Router Act as AP and connecting to the controller. (i believe that is not possible i guess here)

check some reference and wait for other members to confirm :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/isr1100/software/configuration/xe-17/isr1100-sw-config-xe-17/configuring_wlan.html#concept_ynj_lxp_1bb

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well, yes it will act as an AP but the connection will be between AP and the internet provider instead of WLC.

Is this even possible on any other Cisco product?

YES and NO, depends on how you looking to integrate with your ISP ? is your ISP offer your AP join ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Unfortunately, I don't know that but let's assume they do. Can I connect the ISR 1100 Router to ISP with wireless? I know I can do this with any kind of AP but I need to know if it's possible with a router too. 

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ISR 1100 series routers can be ordered with in-built Wi-Fi module

Cisco 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers Data Sheet - Cisco

They can be ordered either with Wi-Fi5 module (Aironet1815 is built-in to the router) or Wi-Fi6 (Catalyst 9105 is built-in to the router).Unfortunately both of them doesn't support WGB nor Mesh when run in controller mode (ME or EWC). So answer is "NO", you cannot use your AP radio's as your WAN uplink.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card