Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meraki

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some help with Meraki wireless solution. I have three locations, one HQ (300 Users) and two remote connected to HQ using IPSec VPN. Remote site 1 (50 Users) and site 2 (100 Users) have their own dedicated internet connection, separate from HQ internet connection.

We have a Cisco ASA 5500 at HQ and Site1, site 2 has a Cisco router with security features. Do i need a Meraki (MX) security appliance at each location or I can have just one at HQ. Do i need a Meraki appliance at all to use meraki access points?

What will be the best way to design this network for Meraki Wireless.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Hello Nkechi,

Having a Meraki firewall on top of your Cisco routers will be helpful in terms of management and security to your remote sites. By the way, will you be replacing all your current devices into Meraki solutions?

Let me know if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

Kind regards!

Hi Alyza

Thank you for your response. If i understand you correctly, keep the Cisco 5500 ASA at HQ and add a Meraki security appliance. Will the Meraki MX appliance run in parallel with the ASA or sit behind the ASA using NAT to get outside of the network?

I will not be replacing the cisco switches, routers or ASA we currently have. This is a wireless opportunity to deploy Meraki on the network. Do I need a Meraki security appliance at each location (HQ, Site 1 and Site 2) or just HQ? I did mention there is a vpn tunnel between the remote sites and HQ.

What about authentication to the internal Radius server, I am assuming I will need to open firewall ports to allow Meraki communicate with the internal radius server.

Can I have multiple SSIDs on multiple VLAN at all 3 locations using a single Meraki security MX device in HQ? Can I have the same SSID on access points spread across all 3 locations?

If you have links to designing Meraki networks such as Cisco SRND please send me the links

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card