cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime as SFTP server

varma10
Beginner
Beginner

I would like to copy file from local machine disk to Cisco prime disk. I have sftp client on my machine. How can I enable SFTP server on Cisco prime to transfer the file from client to server. 

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
VIP Guru VIP Guru
VIP Guru

i do not believe PI has build in SFTP server, rather you can use SSH/SCP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I found this on cisco portal where you can create an sftp user, but I could not get it working. I am getting an error that says permission denied. I tried to gain root access by issuing "sudo su" and then it doesn't find the directory when I try to issue "./sftpconfig.sh"

that was way back for 1.4X, now recent prime i do not belive you have that option.

BB

Jurgens Lombard
Participant
Participant

What version of Prime are you using?

3.2 is what we running, but 3.4 or 3.5 out soon going to be stable.

i do not believe or seen that option for myself.

BB

We are using 3.4 version of Prime. I found that there is an option through TAC but do not have necessary commands to enable SFTP on cisco prime. 

In Prime 3.7 -  Administration/Dashboards/Job Dashboard/Controller Configuration Backup/ there is a setting to choose SFTP server and it also allows you to choose Default Server.  The Upload to Directory field cannot be blank, yet it fails no matter what I try for the absolute directory path to get it into disk:/sftp.  We have security requirements that disallow the use of TFTP and FTP.  It makes no sense for a management tool to store config backups for SFTP differently than TFTP and FTP (IE, require an external repository).  I would love to see a resolution to this.  

I was able to get an answer for this.  Even though it is sftp, the upload directory must be /localdisk/tftp.

Protocol:                    SFTP
Server:                       Default Server
Upload to Directory:   /localdisk/tftp
SFTP port:                  22

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers