Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime NCS fail webpage

Hello everyone

im new here. but i have a question. its about the Cisco Prime ncs.

i have installed the Cisco Prime with a ova file on a VM-ware server.

i have configured the cisco prime with the setup at the beginning. but the problem is that i can't get the

webpage to work. when i go to the https://ip-address. when i try to login with my admin user at the webpage

it say's that it is a invalid username and password.

wat must i do to be able to login to the webpage. is there like a different user for this..?

thank.

11 Replies 11

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

You should try Firefox

"Supported Browsers

The NCS user interface requires Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or later and  Internet Explorer 8.0 or later with the Chrome plugin releases or Google  Chrome 12.0.742.x. Internet Explorer 6.0 is not supported. The client  running the browser must have a minimum of 1 GB of RAM and a 2-GHz  processor. The client device should not be running any CPU or  memory-intensive applications. "

Please rate if it helps. Kind regards

thanks for the replay..

I have used firefox , google chroom and internet explorer with the latest versions.

my device has got

Intel(R) core(TM) i5 CPU

4GB (3.43 usable)

32-bit operating system

Windows 7

and stil it's giving my , that the username and password is invalid.

i know that for like the Cisco ACS there is a differnt user to log in to the webpage

could this be the case with the Cisco Prime NCS

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you installed NCS, did you wait for the setup to complete? I know that the NCS restarts the service and then the wizard continues for you to enter the username and password.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

yes i waited for the installion to compleet.

And at the login i used the setup, to run the configuration for the admin user and ip address of the Cisco Prime

David Rosener
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using "root" as the user account to log in to the webpage? I know that during the NCS initial setup, it asks you for a user account and password, but that is only for logging into the CLI. The root account is used for the web interface.

No im not using the root account.

I am using the cli user to log in to the webpage.

Is there a default root account for the webpage.. Or do i need to make one..?

From the cli, you can configure the root password by using the following command:

ncs password root [password]

Give that a shot, then try to login to the web interface with the root account.

Actually you should have defined the root password for the web interface during setup. Please review the netxt link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.1/release/notes/NCS_RN1.1.html#wp169707

Please rate if it helps.

everyone thanks for your information it help me allot.

but i have fix the problem, apperatly i was using the wrong ova file

now i have downloaded the NCS-VA-1.1.0.58.ova and this is working

i was using the NCS-WAN-VA-1.1.0.1114-small.ova but it has a bug i it

don't know wat or why but this one didn't work

kmong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We're experiencing the same problem. But are you sure of the way that you resolved the issue?

We have both NCS and NCS (WAN) 1.1.

NCS-VA-1.1.0.58.ova is the installer for NCS

NCS-WAN-VA-1.1.0.1114-small.ova is the installer for NCS WAN 1.1

We cannot logon to the NCS WAN using the root login/password. I have already tried configuring again the root password but error occurs.Until now we cannot logon to NCS WAN.

Any recommendations on this?

sahseth
Level 1
Level 1

As per my findings Username will be Root to access from CLI and Admin will be used from CLI as username.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card