cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WCS - Applying WLAN Templates

Tony Davis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting an error when trying to apply WLAN templates to some new WiSM controllers. 

"Error:Object "APGroupsVlan" does not exist....

What does that mean?  I've applied all of the dynamic interface templates.  Can't apply any AP Group templates until I have some WLANs configured first.

What gives?

TIA,

Tony

3 Replies 3

Tony Davis
Level 1
Level 1

Got you guys stumped huh?

Update:

Upgrading from WCS 7.0.164.3 to WCS 7.0.172.0.  Database is currently migrating over.  Will determine if WCS is the problem or if the WiSM's are. 

Additional info:

These are 2 new WiSM's(4 Controllers) that are identical to 4 other WiSM's(8 Controllers) already in place.  We're just now gettting around to deploying them.  I can apply the WLAN templates to the other controllers just fine.  But.... they already exist there.  That may have something to do with the success?

If WCS upgrade doesn't work, TAC will be involved at that point.

Thanks,

Tony

I recommend u to open up a case with us..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Well, I have an answer that I learned on my own.

For those out there who may end up with this problem...

1. You install a new WiSM/Controller

2. During initialization, you have to give the controller a random SSID(or it won't let you move on).

3. You can't apply new WLAN or AP Group templates due to error.

Resolution:

1. Remove the SSID you put in during initialization.

2. Manually add one of your "real" SSID's to the controller via web GUI(If you don't add one, the templates still fail).... DO NOT USE WCS to configure controller, it will not work.

3. Once you have a working SSID on your new controller, you can start applying WLAN and AP Group templates(they will now work).

Bug:

This is either a bug with the controller, or with WCS.

Thanks anyway Surenda!  Can I come work for Cisco?

Tony

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card