Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5508 base-ap-count license query

Ahmed Mukhtar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts !

We have a 5508 WLC with 3 base-ap-count licenses, we need to know if enabling an EVALUATION license will revoke the PERMANENT license or not & can we use it again? SNAP is attached.

We actually need 25 more AP's for a campus location, we have purchased the license but that will take a week at least.

1- base-ap-count PERMANENT with 125 AP's -- ACTIVE

2- base-ap-count EVALUATION with 25 AP's -- INACTIVE

3- base-ap-count EVALUATION with 500 AP's -- INACTIVE

If we enable the 3rd option, what will happen with my permanent license? Will I be able to use it again once the EVALUATION license expires?

Thanks in Advance!

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

500 one is evaluation License - Once that is expired  it may not work in production environment ?  Do you have more than 125 AP in the Live environment and active ?

here is License understanding reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/112926-5508-wlc-license.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ahmed Mukhtar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji Thank you for the Reply!

Yes, we actually have 150 AP's. We have ordered an "Addr License of 25" but that will take a week. We need to accommodate for a month only until our license arrived.

Worst case: IF the "Addr License" is LATE, can we fall back to our 125 AP permanent License? 

You can request new  evaluation License i guess based on the cisco contract with you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card