Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5520 RAID

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have new CIsco WLC 5520 with 1 hard drive. If i buy another a second hard drive does it support RAID?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The WLC should be considered as an appliance and does not support hardware modification. If you look into wireless-redundancy go for HA-solutions.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

ok not possible to add extra hard drive? 

Probably possible, but not supported.

Thank you, so what are the extra hard drive bays for? and what will happen when I add the extra bays - is this for additional space only?

It's because it's an off-the-shelf server and those parts are simply built in. I'm not even sure if there is an interface attached to the slot. Maybe the future will bring an upgrade where you could use those, but I doubt.

any thoughts please?

- Perhaps starting to >read the advice from experts (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I cant seem to open the link you sent me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: