Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5520 - Rogue client issue

DSK87
Level 1
Level 1

wiHi Experts ,

Can you let me know how did you disable rogue detection completely .I have below settings in place and clients are still getting classified as Rogue .Some of the clients are getting disconnected intermittently and getting classified as Rogue .

Is there any other setting to disable it ?

I did see a bug related to it 

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvi96690

and i upgraded to 8.5.140 .But it didn't fix the problem,

WLC 5520 version - 8.5.140

AP's - AIR-AP3802I-A-K9

Any ideas

Rogue.PNG

7 Replies 7

What do you have for Rogue rules? It shouldn't disconnect someone unless there are rules set up to do it.

There are no rules defined .Sometimes clients are disconnected and then unable to connect at all  for certain period of times .I can find there mac address in rogue clients as threats .The clients  i have in friendly do not face this problem .

Why is this rogue detection happening even though it is turned off ?

There was a bug in the early versions of 8.5 code that identified your client devices as rouge devices. only way to get around this was to manually add them as friendly devices which is located under Wireless Protection Polices.   What version of code are you running 8.5 ? if so I would recommend upgrading to 8.5.140.0   the bug is fixed in this version.

I hope this helps

Yes i have upgraded to 8.5.140 due to that bug and still have the same issue .

Can you check the log of the WLC in regards to the classification?
I wonder as what type they get classified.
Are the drivers/software for the Wi-Fi adapter on those clients up to date.

They are classified as alert or threats and the wireless adapters on the client machine are up to date

They still should not get blocked, unless you can also do a Rogue configuration on an AP Group (I don't know that one).
Try to disable the option "Validate rogues ... against MSE", maybe that one is the reason.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card