cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 9800-CL with Nikon D5/D6 Z9 Camera with Wifi

renekuhn
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to connect a Nikon Z9 and a Nikon D5/D6 (WT-6 adapter) to the Nikon Camera Control 2 Pro software via WIFI. Unfortunately the software says there is no camera. By the way, the computer is connected to the same SSID network. If I connect the camera with cable and PC/laptop via switch, the connection works. I am assuming that it is a multicast connection and MDNS. Does anyone know this problem? the WLC is type 9800-CL with v17.12.03 Thanks for the support.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... I am assuming that it is a multicast connection and MDNS.
        - You need to examine the specs of the camera and find out if it needs multicast (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

You are correct this connections are mDNS based but I've never tried to conenct the cameras (in my case Canon) to a Cisco AP before, I always rely on a hotspot in my Android phone.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card