Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO WLC and AP Troubleshooting commands

jeamitgaur87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All ,

We have in organization for customer support cisco WLC and AP's .

Can you please provide me the trouble shooting commands for end users issue like slowness to particular AP not associating to AP and as on you observed in your carrier   . It will be very helpful for me to day by day support . We have a topology for customer is like CS=== DS ==== AS===== WLC =====AP

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/

Of particular interest can be the Wireless Config Analyzer (have a sanity check of your config) and the Wireless Debug Analyzer (for debugging issues with specific clients)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Issue reported by customer  can you please help me to troubleshoot

reported poor quality network inoffice around AP-7 & AP-8.
Skype/teams calls are in poor quality connection often drops, users hear metallic sound or parts of the sentences are inaudible. Situation happens very often even when there is only one person in the office.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

- Commands to use on AireOS controller:

debug client <MAC>
debug aaa events enable
debug aaa detail enable
debug aaa packet enable
debug pm pki enable
debug pem state enable
debug pem events enable
debug dot1x all enable
debug dhcp message enable
debug dhcp packet enable

- Commands to use on Cisco COS AP's:

term monitor
config ap client-trace address add <aaaa.bbbb.cccc>
config ap client-trace filter all enable
config ap client-trace output console-log enable
config ap client-trace start
==> <reproduce issue>
config ap client-trace stop

- Over-the-air packet captures could help you to see important things as well using Linux plus compatible USB dongles (RTL8812), Windows with propietary software, or macOS built-in wireless sniffing features.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please Rate Helpful Responses ***

Best thing to do is try to replicate the issue or speak with the user and see if you can replicate it while doing a debug. One thing to keep in mind is that you may experience issues if the device roams when on a call. This is default behavior of SfB and Teams. You can replicate this on any system by joining a call and walking around.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card