Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC primary image software Upgrade

Tarunkumar Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upgrade IOS in cisco wlc primary image and keep backup image as same as old version is their, Can any body tell me process in simple step.

Earlier I have upgraded software in cisco WLC but and found while upgrade IOS, backup image also changed with newer IOS image.

Please Help.....

I have checked in cisco site and understand that I need to boot wlc with backup image and then need to upgrade ios so it will keep backup image as it is and will upgrade primary image.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When uploading a code to the WLC, the new image will become the primary and the existing image moves to the backup. So what you can do if you want to keep a specific image after you have downloaded a code and it has been replaced, is to upload the image that you want as a backup to the WLC. If course you need to reboot the WLC after each upload.  If you want to change the defaul boot image, after you upload the image, you can then go to the config boot and choose your primary image to boot from. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When uploading a code to the WLC, the new image will become the primary and the existing image moves to the backup. So what you can do if you want to keep a specific image after you have downloaded a code and it has been replaced, is to upload the image that you want as a backup to the WLC. If course you need to reboot the WLC after each upload.  If you want to change the defaul boot image, after you upload the image, you can then go to the config boot and choose your primary image to boot from. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card