Views
Helpful
Replies

Airplay not running IPAD 2 afer upgrading this apple device to OS 8

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

I just want to confirm if somebody else experienced this issue. I upgraded the IPAD 2 to version 8.1.2 from 7.1 and now I cannot see the AIRPLAY Icon and therefore mirroring is not available. However I tried another IPAD 4, Iphone 4, Iphone 5s and all of them worked fine so I could use my apple tv service.

I have WLC version 7.6.130.0. In addtition to that , I tested in the lab WLC 8.0.110.0 and everything worked fine (including IPAD 2) so my question: Does anyone know how this IPAD Upgrade affects the recognition/inspection that WLC makes of the payload on the packets?

Another question, is the WLC 8.0.110.0 an stable one??. We faced in the past BUGs = CSCuc68648 AND CSCuo35247 which were solved on 7.6.130.0 but I was wondering how stable is the latest release. I am assuming 8.0.110.0 has the fix for those bugs (However I opened a TAC Case to be safe - we have a wireless network with 35k+ users).

BTW, we could need version 8.0.110.0 which is required by the AP702. We are testing this acceptable and cheap solution provided by Cisco.

thanks

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card