Views
Helpful
Replies

CleanAir Rapid Update Mode

Bernhard Kohl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm on PI 1.4 with 7.6.201.0 From time to time I get an audit mismatch showing that PI and controller values differ  in "Rapid Update Mode".

I understand that rapid update changes update time for CleanAir from 15 minutes to 30 seconds and that an AP is forced to rapid update when I look at the CleanAir tab on PI.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to switch rapid update from "true" to "false". I may check its status with "show ap config 802.11b <ap_name>" but with "config" I only can enable/disable CleanAir completely.

Do I miss something or should I ignore the whole rapid update thing? Thanks ind advance for any information!

-- Bernhard

3 Replies 3

Salma Sulthana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bernhard,

Yes, you are correct! Rapid update changes update time for CleanAir from 15 minutes to 30 seconds.which allows near real-time visibility into AQ changes at the radio level.

There are two AQ reporting modes defined: normal and rapid update. Normal mode is the default AQ reporting mode. Either the WCS or the WLC retrieves reports at normal update rate (default is 15 minutes). The WCS informs the Controller about the default polling period, and the WLC instructs the AP to change AQ averaging and reporting period accordingly.

When the user drills down to Monitor > Access Points > and chooses a radio interface from the WCS or the WLC, the selected radio is placed into rapid update reporting mode. When a request is received, the Controller instructs the AP to change the default AQ reporting period temporarily to a fixed fast update rate (30 sec), which allows near real-time visibility into AQ changes at the radio level.

you can ignore the Rapid update and kindly go through the documentation to understand the behaviour of Clean Air (AQ).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/112139-cleanair-uwn-guide-00.html

Regards

Salma

Hi Salma,

Thank you very much for your explanation. Nevertheless, the configuration mismatch messages are disturbing.

So, there are two questions left:

a) Is there really no way to set the Rapid Update status manually?

b) When the status will be reset to "normal" (if at all)?

Regards

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the Rapid update status manually.

By default, there will be normal AQ reporting mode. Once after enabling that clean air for AP specif it will be in Rapid update status.

It will be good if you can raise an enhancement or feature request Bug through your accounts team

Regards

Salma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card