cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cli configured but web int says "zerodayconfig" (WLC 9800)

shawncromer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have a 9800 WLC that has been configured via CLI. However, when I access the device via web interface it starts off with the "zerodayconfig" as if it is right out of the box. There doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can bypass this and I'm wondering what i did wrong.  Are there any "common" issues/solutions for this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.wiresandwi.fi/blog/cisco-wlc-9800-base-initial-configuration-cli
       >...

To disable the Day-0 wizard, simply configure a country code via the CLI and then save the configuration to disable the Day-0 wizard from showing up in the HTTPS sessions afterward. To set the country code, we must first disable the wireless radios globally, and then re-enable them after the country code has been set.

Adjust the country code (“SE”) to match your regulatory domain, use the “tab” key to see what is available. Depending on your IOS-XE software version, all radios might need to be shut down to update the regulatory domain. The commands that do this will ask you to confirm that you are, to which you have to answer “y”, meaning “yes”.

config terminal
ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
y
ap dot11 5ghz shutdown
y
wireless country SE
y
no ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
no ap dot11 5ghz shutdown

do write memory

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.wiresandwi.fi/blog/cisco-wlc-9800-base-initial-configuration-cli
       >...

To disable the Day-0 wizard, simply configure a country code via the CLI and then save the configuration to disable the Day-0 wizard from showing up in the HTTPS sessions afterward. To set the country code, we must first disable the wireless radios globally, and then re-enable them after the country code has been set.

Adjust the country code (“SE”) to match your regulatory domain, use the “tab” key to see what is available. Depending on your IOS-XE software version, all radios might need to be shut down to update the regulatory domain. The commands that do this will ask you to confirm that you are, to which you have to answer “y”, meaning “yes”.

config terminal
ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
y
ap dot11 5ghz shutdown
y
wireless country SE
y
no ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
no ap dot11 5ghz shutdown

do write memory

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

shawncromer
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you !!   That did the trick!  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card