cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client access to Backhaul Frequency - Mobility Express

-Hellsing-
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I built a Mesh network using 3 AP 1832 i and 2 AP 1815i, I want clients to have access to the Backhaul frequency. I enable Mesh - "Backhaul Client Access" in the settings, but nothing happens, wireless clients still see only one frequency. How to fix it?
I tried to reboot the RAP TD, enable "Extended Backhaul Client Access", change the Mesh RAP Downlink backhaul. None of this helped. Firmware ME-8-10-162-0 .

6 Replies 6

Arthur Spaehnle
Level 1
Level 1

Have the same problem. I changed the backhaul from 2.4 to 5 GHz and the problem is the same. Also tried to set the client backhaul via cli. No changes

My setup is 2x 1852 with ME but on 8.10.151

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. 1x 1815i and 1x 1852e with ME 8.10.183.0. Information about Backhaul Client Access seems to be sparse and rather old.

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

Solved it! There is an important note in the FlexConnect docs:

In a Flex+Bridge deployment, after you enable Backhaul Client Access globally, for the 5-GHz radios to beacon as expected, you must enable the Install mapping on radio backhaul option for the root APs operating in Flex+Bridge mode.

Mobility Express uses Flex+Bridge, so that's what we've got to do. In the ME GUI, this setting can be found in Wireless Settings > Access Points > Edit AP > Mesh > Install Mapping on Radio Backhaul. You have to enable this on every AP.

Cheers
Maurice

i did that on the RAP & MAP but i still dont see the 5 GHz Channel for Client use

Did you reboot both? I think I had to do this. Works for me™.

Reboot helped! thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card