Views
Helpful
Replies

Client unable to ping the network

lenkasurat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts !

Autonomous access point :- I have came across an issue where client is showing connected to SSID, even I can see the arp & IP obtained detail in the AP but unable to ping the client IP from the AP. ( happening for many clients, even some laptops work fine lan & internet both)

Even client is not able to ping any network devices.

Work out done :- assigned IP statically , arp  cleared from AP, enabled / disable wifi card, reloaded AP, firewall disable done, removed the ssid & again configuring profile, drivers update & installing done.

Important is not happening in one laptop it, is happening in more than 30-40 users.

Thanks in advance!!

Basant Lenka

4 Replies 4

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of AP model using?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this happening in a perticular access point?  Is the AP's connected to a trunk port and all the proper vlans being allowed?  I would also try to isolate if it's an issue when the device is in the 2.4ghz vs the 5ghz. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the response Scott, the configuration is fine I, will say because I am testing it on all the AP and the laptops which works it works in all AP, which does not will not work in any AP.

I did not understand the meaning of is "isolate if it's an issue when the device is in the 2.4ghz vs the 5ghz. "

Thanks//

Basant Lenka

When there is an issue, i would check if the device is associated on the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz.  I have seen issues with this in the past.  Its just something to review.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card