Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients joining B Radio

Koevi Vong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having an issue where clients are joining the B Radio instead of A/G.

I have even disabled 11mbs and below data rates under the B/G/N radio section and set the SSID to A/G Only but clients are still joining the B Radio.

Currently running a Virtual WLC version 7.3.101.0

Has anyone come across this issue or know a fix?

Thanks

20 Replies 20

Yes sir!  What Brian has explained is correct.  Its modulation you need to understand.  Modulation between devices is required in order for communication to work and work well.  MIMO allows for connection >54mbps due to the standards for MIMO and 802.11n.  This could go on forever, but if you disable 1mbps, 2.2mbps, 5mbps, and 11mbps, you will not have any 802.11b client's join.  I put an old 7920 802.11b phone so you can see how it looks.  At least you should now have an understanding of what you will see.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Difference between DSSS and OFDM

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/10626

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

The only thing thats confusing me is why its showing me B/N instead of G/N even though i have disabled B Radio data rates and set the SSID to A/G only.

Thanks

That is how Cisco coded the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

ah okay, appreciate the help

Thanks!

No problem.. hope this thread gave you a better understanding.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card