Views
Helpful
Replies

Collect Logs and Debugs from Catalyst 9800 WLC

Ivo Santolaja
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to collect logs from a Cisco Catalyst 9800 WLC. However, I don't want to have to navigate to each page like (Troubleshooting>Debug Bundle) and/ or (Troubleshooting>CoreDump and System Report) to print the pages I want to. Then do you know if there is something I can do to print them in a template. I mean I can collect logs and debugs through commands but they will only show the CLI's output I wish the GUI's output.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

- You only access the logs 'as provided' and or not with GUI ,  

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Flavio Miranda
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

Hi

If you need to send data to a TAC case, the right way is collecting the logs or the bundle. They will use a tool in order to analyse this. Now, if you want to create a report for presentation or similar, you need to take prints. The WLC will not offer you a "ready to be used" page format.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

- You only access the logs 'as provided' and or not with GUI ,  

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Flavio Miranda
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

Hi

If you need to send data to a TAC case, the right way is collecting the logs or the bundle. They will use a tool in order to analyse this. Now, if you want to create a report for presentation or similar, you need to take prints. The WLC will not offer you a "ready to be used" page format.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers