cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility between AIR-AP1242AG-N-K9 and AIR-PWRINJ4 : is the latter power injector suitable ?

rogerval
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

Just a simple question:

Can I use the Cisco Aeronet AIR-PWRINJ4 with an AIR-AP1242AG-N-K9 wireless device ? (I realise that these normally are powered by an AIR-PWRINJ4.)

If it's not suitable, what would be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Roger Valmadre.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will be fine. I have used other vendor power injectors on various AP models with no issue. You just have to look at how many W the AP needs.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You have the same part number? You can use whatever power injector as long as it supplies 15.4W.
-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your amazingly prompt help :-)

"You have the same part number?"

Yes, those part numbers I quoted I believe were correct. I did read somewhere that the AIR-PWRINJ4 produced 56V rather than 48V, but that wasn't official Cisco data and may have been incorrect.

So, you think that I can use the AIR-PWRINJ4 with confidence, then ? (I don't want to let all the smoke out of the access point.)

Thanks in advance,

Roger Valmadre.

You will be fine. I have used other vendor power injectors on various AP models with no issue. You just have to look at how many W the AP needs.
-Scott

Thanks Scott, much appreciated. :-)

Kind regards,

Roger Valmadre.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card