Views
Helpful
Replies

configure AIR CAP1602E-E-K9 to broadcast SSID and wireless connectivity

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please advice to configure AIR CAP1602E-E-K9 to broadcast SSID and wireless connectivity in simple and complete steps.

I'll be appreciated as I've 3 APs and need to configure 3 SSIDs on that APs.

Regards,

Anon

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you configure the SSID's I think the default is that they will be broadcasted.

M,

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The AIR-CAP... models require a WLC to function, they don't work by themselves without it. The standalone models have the name AIR-SAP...
You can convert them from CAPWAP to Standalone though, that requires a valid contract for the software download and a (free) TFTP server.
If they are already converted, here is the manual for an autonomous setup: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap4-first.html

@patoberli Thanks for your response . I've done this task in the same way. As I'd some helpful templates that could complete my work but that time I was unable to find them which in now with me and according to the same with minor changing its done.

Appreciate for corporation hope will get help next in any of this case where I got stuck :D.

robgeurts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anon, same here but I did not manage to understand below solutions. How can i setup a simple wifi network: set ssid and password and channel for a AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9? Do I need some software tool and how do I get it?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card