cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure Passthrough WebPolicy agreement page

robinwenham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm setting up a Guest WLAN using the passthrough WebAuth option.  All the configuraiton works fine, but I'd like to change the Cisco page that says "Welcome to the Cisco wireless network....".  None of the documentation that I have read tells me how to do that - only how to change the Login page (this is not the same as the Passthrough page).

This link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00809bdb5f.shtml?referring_site=smartnavRD#cust

Tells me that the page can be customized and refers to another link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008067489f.shtml#cu1

However there is nothing in the documentation at the end of that link that refers to the Passthrough page.

Have I missed something?

Can it even be done?

Or is Cisco's documentation incorrect?

Thanks in advance

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Robin,

If you click on security tab --> right side web auth --> then click on web logon page...

There is a drop down menu where you can click internal (thats the Cisco), external (if you want to redirect to a server) and custom. The custom one is where you can create a page with the cisco web auth bundle (which you can download from the cisco wireless section) and then upload to the WLC.

Does this anwser your question ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Robin,

If you click on security tab --> right side web auth --> then click on web logon page...

There is a drop down menu where you can click internal (thats the Cisco), external (if you want to redirect to a server) and custom. The custom one is where you can create a page with the cisco web auth bundle (which you can download from the cisco wireless section) and then upload to the WLC.

Does this anwser your question ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi, yes it does.  I've found the bundle and found the Passthrough page in it so shall be playing with that now.

I think that Cisco's documentation is not clear in this respect.

Thanks

Robin

There is also an EMAIL template as well that had an area to add your logon and password. The passthrough has a simple button.

I've seen the e-mail option but it doesn't seem to add anything since it doesn't validate the e-mail address entered.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card