cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring and Managing C9130AXI-B Access Point

ybp2000
Level 1
Level 1

I got a couple of C9130AXI-B Access Points to build a small Wi-Fi network (2-3 Cisco APs). I thought it has the Embedded Wireless Controller as stated in the Data sheet for the 9130AX series or did I get the wrong part number and I should have bought C9130AXI-EWC-x?

ybp2000_0-1711747089829.png

I just need to get to the web management interface to configure the device. Is it possible to do without Wireless Controller (like is there web server running on the AP)? If not, what options do I have? Buy a separate Wireless Controller HW? Convert the AP to the EWC (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html) ?
Is there licensing fee associated with using the Wireless Controller software?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The including screenshot is rather clear for what you should have chosen (when buying)  to get the EWC included ; there are no licenses needed for using EWC , you will have to resort to the conversion as mentioned in the link you posted if the AP is currently not running EWC ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card