Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect 1 Km distance using wireless

safamily2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want a solution to connect two building in distance of 1km using wireless networks. I though of using bridge technology but not sure what device to use. I saw some suggestions for 1530 series but I do not know what distance it support. If I use 1530 series can I connect 1km distance? Also need some advice on how to do the connection if I am using 1530 series. 

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Please refer the below document

http://www.intermec.com/public-files/product-profiles/en/CiscoAntennasAccessories_spec_web.pdf

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 I saw some suggestions for 1530 series but I do not know what distance it support.

What model of AP is not going to make any difference because the most important aspect to consider is the model of ANTENNA used.

Just to add, there is only a few antennas you can use for the 1530 unless you use a 3rd party.  We don't usually use the 1530 for long range point to point, unless its a wide open field your shooting across.  Your better on looking at the Exalt r5005 that Cisco resells or maybe Proxim or Bridgewave.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi there,

So that Exalt r5005 is another brand? so is there any products cisco provide for this kinda purposes, because 1400 series did provide the facility what I wanted but its a EOL product. I am looking for such similar one but I do not have an idea which is the replacement for that product. I though its 1532 but I can not find its coverage range. 

Thank you for the response,

So if I use standard antennas that come with the 1532e/k9 it will not cover a rang between 1 km? If that so I am planing to use the cisco 1532e AP outdoor, so what is your suggestion?

So if I use standard antennas that come with the 1532e/k9 it will not cover a rang between 1 km?

It won't. 

If that so I am planing to use the cisco 1532e AP outdoor, so what is your suggestion?

Do you have direct line-of-sight?

The site has 7 buildings and 4 of them has a fiber line in between. Now they are needing a wireless link between other 3 buildings, which is approx 700m apart. Server room is in the center and the 3 buildings are in a circle. Also there are trees and walls in between. 

This is the scenario I am having to give solution for. 

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Please refer the below document

http://www.intermec.com/public-files/product-profiles/en/CiscoAntennasAccessories_spec_web.pdf

safamily2020
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for that PDF abwahid. It helped me a lot. This Antena works with 1532 series APs right?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card