Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connection score explanation wlc

Hi Wireless experts, 

I have a question on my WLC 8510, I have seen somewhere in the connection summary a link/option that opens a new window that says connection score.

I was wondering if anyone in simple and plain english can explain whats the meaning if its in red color vs green color, 

Obviously, if its red, it means something wrong happens, but I want to know if its something related and associated to the AP itself that cannot handle the client connection, interference, etc, 

or if its related to the end client that is not compatible with the radio, performance, etc

We have been having some reports of a particular user that is experiencing random disconnections and Im trying to tshot this scenario to find the root cause and check all possible scenarios

and I have not been able to find any documentation that explain in details other than the fancy words embedded in the pop up window, which I dont understand (meaning I have to read a lot of wifi tech for sure)

spatial.JPG

under this pop up there are some blue squares dots that say something but whats with that, I know cisco is trying to do their best with the GUI interface, but may be im so silly and the only one I dont understand cause its far way beyond my experience in this area, which I admit it and acept it, but if anyone can assist me in explaining to me in clear text whats the purposes of this, I would really appreciate it, 

score.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jmanzanera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

Maybe this link will help you to understand the scoring : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/global/sr_rs/training-events/2016/cisco-day-2016/pdf/Wireless_Service_Assurance_Seppi_Dittli.pdf.

To sum up the scoring is based on the maximum capability of the AP and the capability that you have on your client. For example , if your AP could support some clients with 3SS and with 1300 Gpbs and your client can only work with 1SS  the score of this client will be red as the capability of your client and your AP differ a lot.

I hope this link will help you.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jmanzanera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex,

Maybe this link will help you to understand the scoring : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/global/sr_rs/training-events/2016/cisco-day-2016/pdf/Wireless_Service_Assurance_Seppi_Dittli.pdf.

To sum up the scoring is based on the maximum capability of the AP and the capability that you have on your client. For example , if your AP could support some clients with 3SS and with 1300 Gpbs and your client can only work with 1SS  the score of this client will be red as the capability of your client and your AP differ a lot.

I hope this link will help you.

Regards

Thank you so much for the information, surely, it will help, its very interesting how the SS range works along with the client, 

I will keep reading the document, 

Regards, 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card