Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Wireless Access Point (AP-1240AG) from Autonomous to Lightweight Mode

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Can anyone tell me how I may go about getting hold of the file "c1240-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar" in order to convert an Wireless Access Point from Autonomous to Lightweight Mode. (An AP-1240AG).

My device is new and the details are:

Part: Cisco AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9
Serial number: FCZ144582Y1
MAC: 588D098E63A6

Please could you let me know how I may go about obtaining this software for my Wireless Access Point so I can use it !!!!!!?????

Thanks in advance.

IT Supoort

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I guess you need assistance in gettting the image downloaded.. here is the link to get the software.. you ned to provide your CCO id and password to download the software..

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=280237322&flowid=7588&softwareid=280775090&release=12.4%2821a%29JA2&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

If you dont have the software download lisence, then if the device is under warranty please open up a case with TAC and we will help you in publishing the software for you!!

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra

When I enter my CCO id and password to download the software I get told that "To Download this software, you must have a valid Technical Support Services Agreement associated to your Cisco.com user ID."

Whats that all about?

Kind regards

Ian Smith IT Support

Hi,

Guess, you do not have the software download lisence.. No problem, if the device is under warranty please open up a TAC case and we will help you in publishing the image..

Regards
Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

I just checked in my database and came to know that your device is under warranty till 10-FEB-2012, so it will be great if you could open up a TAC case with us right away and your issue will be resolved by End Of the Business Day

To open up a TAC case use the the below mentioned TOLL FREE numbers..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card