Views
Helpful
Replies

Create Separate Wireless SSID for specific port/vLAN

rosscisco
Level 1
Level 1

MX64 x 1, MS220 x 1, MR33 x 1, MR18 x 2

I currently have all three access points transmitting corp WiFi across the building. 

I have a new requirement whereby I have a bit of a custom music setup that runs on ethernet on its own vLAN and I need to also be able to access this network via a separate wireless SSID instead of just other ethernet. To explain a little better:

I have several Sonos AMPs that are hard-wired with ethernet into an old Cisco switch. I have this switch connected to my MS220 on port 4 (access) and I have assigned a vLAN of 192.168.1.0/24 to port 4. I can connect my laptop to the Cisco switch where all the AMPs are and from here get an IP address in that range and connect to my music controller. What I now need to do, is also gain access to this vLAN over a wireless SSID. E.G SSID "MusicControl" would give me an IP of 192.168.1.X.

This wireless SSID can't use Meraki DHCP because I need to communicate with the music devices over the network. I also need this SSID to sit completely separate from the other SSID I use for corp WiFi (this SSID does use Meraki DHCP).

So long story short, can someone please advise how I can assign a new SSID to port 4 (I assume it will stay in bridge mode) but this SSID runs separately to the rest of the network that's in place? I had a brief play with vLAN tagging but don't think I was getting it quite right. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies 3

Better you post this query in Meraki support forum given below, you may get better responses

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/bd-p/wireless-lan 

HTH

Rasika

Thanks

rosscisco
Level 1
Level 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card