Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a customize lobby ambassador

jfhandfield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to create a third party app for the lobby ambassador. What I would like is to be able to give one of my employee a C# app that would only ask for a user and pwd then it would auto-generate a password. Then it would print out a form, pdf or doc file, with the user and generated pwd and a message at the bottom, to give out to the user that need to acces our WIFI.

This app would be used by the library employee. I don't think the neew to see the lobby ambassador, something more clean and easy would be the best for them.

Thank you for the help.

4 Replies 4

jfhandfield
Level 1
Level 1

No one as a clue how to do that or there is no possibility to do so?

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jean:

What you need to do is to let your application to use SNMP to create the user on ALL your WLCs.

(that needs you to have IP addresses of those WLCs as well as the correct RW community string known by the application).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

If you can find an ssh module, you also can send commands to login to the WLC and add/modify/delete users.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

amitaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In case the app can do a web service call, Cisco PI/NCS/WCS supports creating and managing the guest user accounts using the North Bound APIs. The accounts can be used to access WIFI.

More information is available at developer.cisco.com/web/gap/home

Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: