cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom SSIDs on Meraki GUI

mrand67
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I am very new to using the Meraki GUI and networking in general. I have been tasked with creating a new SSID for a site. This SSID needs to have access to the local DNS server at the site so they can access a proprietary webapp, internet access and access to a subnet at a different site. I figured I could create a splash page that redirects to the custom webapp, but I am confused on how to give it access to the subnet at a different site? Please advise.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check below guide :

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/captive-portal-api/meraki-dashboard-configuration/#walled-garden

as Long as you have routing and DNS resolved that can achived

Still issue - you need to provide some example of IP address Local and different site

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So it wouldn't be an issue accessing the DMZ subnet of a different location with this new SSID as long as you specify the DNS?

alisha_rascon01
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Meraki allows you to customize SSIDs (Service Set Identifiers) through its web-based dashboard. However, specific features and interfaces may evolve over time, so it's recommended to check the latest documentation or contact Meraki support for the most up-to-date information.

Here are general steps to customize SSIDs on the Meraki dashboard:

• Open a web browser and navigate to the Meraki Dashboard (dashboard.meraki.com).
  • Select the Wireless Network:
    • In the dashboard, select the "Wireless" option on the left-hand menu.
  • Choose the SSID:
    • You should see a list of configured SSIDs. Click on the SSID that you want to customize.
  • Modify SSID Settings:
    • Look for settings related to the SSID, such as "Wireless settings" or "SSID settings."
    • Here, you can customize the SSID name, security settings, and other parameters.
  • Save Changes:
    • After making the desired changes, remember to save the configuration.
  • Apply Changes to Devices:
    • Keep in mind that changes to SSID settings may require clients to reconnect to the network. Make sure to communicate any changes to users and update the network configuration on their devices if needed.

Please note that the steps and options might vary based on the specific Meraki device you are using and the firmware version. It's always a good idea to refer to the latest documentation provided by Cisco Meraki or contact their support for the most accurate and current information.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card