Views
Helpful
Replies

CVE-2004-0230 [TCP Sequence Number Approximation Based Denial of Serv]

vinothRajendran
Level 1
Level 1

CVE-2004-0230 [TCP Sequence Number Approximation Based Denial of Serv]
The above vulnerability exists on a couple of Cisco wireless controllers and Cisco IOS switch. how to resolve this issue 
Kindly help me on it.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In  general for security advisories concerning Cisco products : try using latest advisory software release(s) for the involved platform(s) , that means upgrading  - if applicable , check if the problem is then persistent or not. If it is then escalate through TAC, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you look at the CVE, they recomend also version to upgrade (if the fix available) - so check model of the device and recommend IOS which fix the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What model of WLC and switches?
What version of code are they running?
What AP models are supported by the WLCs?

However given how old that CVE is (2004) - I'd guess that most of the equipment you're looking at is already end of support so you may have difficulty finding documentation and software updates for it. You should recommend upgrading to newer supported products.  There will be many other security vulnerabilities in such old products which will not be fixed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card