Image : AIR-CT5500-K9-7-0-230-0.aes                

Regards

Lerner 

9 Replies 9

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lerner,

The default administrative username and password are admin and admin, respectively.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lerner,

Just wondering why you ask for the default username and password. Usually before the WLC can be functional, you configure it through the console and you get prompted for information through the startup script. In the startup script you would assign a username and password.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi ,

I doubt default  password is  admin for the image AIR-CT5500-K9-7-0-230-0.aes , the IOS  shoud have combination of three character   including special character  however I will check password : admin .

I dont have physical access to this device. interface and default gate way ,we have asked to configured through third part vendor , however we missed to provide the password .

There is no 'default' username/password for the WLC.  As Scott mentioned, when you go through the setup script you define a username and password

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yup no default login .. It's set when the wlc is configured out of the box ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hello,

This is correct, there is no default username/password.

You have to set this username and password on the WLC initial configuration wizard.

If you have lost the access to the unit and right now is locked up, you can open a TAC Service Request and we can help you to recover the device.

Note: You will need to have console access to the WLC.

Lerner,

Just wondering if the 3rd party vendor gave you any documentation. I would assume that they would at least have that information if you asked for it. If not, then might as well make sure they configured it correctly after you reset the password.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott/Carlos,

I think Najaf is right. We can configure a 5508 WLC either by GUI or by CLI. When configuring through GUI. It asks for username and password for service port. The default credentials are admin/admin. Once you login, we can change the password for it.

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Password Recovery in WLC versions 5.1 and later

If you forget your password in WLC version 5.1 and later, you can use the CLI from the serial console of the controller in order to configure a new user name and password.

After the controller boots up, enter the Restore-Password command at the user prompt. This command is only accepted for the initial user login and becomes disabled after a user logs in. You are prompted to enter a new username/password, which can then be used to log into the controller and modify settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: