cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between AIR-MOD-POE and AIR-MOD-SPOE?

sstrobeck1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the technical difference between the AIR-MOD-POE and the AIR-MOD-SPOE.  They both appear, separately, in different versions of the documentation for the Aironet 1800s module.  When I configure an 1800s in a CCW estimate, currently, only the AIR-MOD-SPOE option is available.  

Outside of being mentioned in the documentation briefly for the 1800s, I can't find any discussion, pictures, or specifications for these modules.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@sstrobeck1 wrote:

AIR-MOD-POE

Power module that uses PoE

@sstrobeck1 wrote:

AIR-MOD-POE

Module that powers up the sensor using a plug socket (IMAGE).

Ok, before clicking the "I wanna buy this" button, I am going to ask some, rather, painful questions: 

1.  Do you have DNAC? 

2.  Do you have CPI/CMX? 

3.  What, exactly, are you trying to achieve with this?

Thank you for the reply, but I don't think you addressed my question.  I understand that the AIR-MOD-POE is a power module that leverages POE, but I believe that's the same description for the AIR-MOD-SPOE, as well.  Why two part numbers for the same module?  Is the AIR-MOD-SPOE the next generation/evolution of the AIR-MOD-POE.  Why do some documents for the 1800s mention one of the power modules, while other documents mention the other (and no documents I found include both).  

I don't need help deciding whether the buy the 1800s or not, but I appreciate your painful questions  

@sstrobeck1 wrote:

Why two part numbers for the same module? 

They are different power module attachments.

@sstrobeck1 wrote:

Why do some documents for the 1800s mention one of the power modules, while other documents mention the other (and no documents I found include both).  

Because this is the current state of Cisco's documentation practice:  Consistency (or lack of).

Yes, they're different.  What's the difference, from a specifications standpoint?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card