Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Cisco Prime NCS

hartono.tjung
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am currenctly confused in choosing what type of Cisco Prime.

1.Which one should I choose? should I order Cisco Prime NCS or directly purchase Cisco Prime Infrastructure (since Cisco Prime Infrastructure has the feature of NCS)?

2, Why does Cisco not just  remove the Cisco Prime NCS ordering Part Number since Cisco Prime Infrastructure already cover the NCS?

Please advice me

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simple... Get Prime infrastructure. As you know NCS replaced WCS and Prime replaces NCS

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has been confusing for all, make no mistake.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George, could you explain me what kind of confuse?

@All, if NCS is replaced by Infrastructure... why does Cisco still sell NCS and LMS Separately?

They sill sell NCS because some don't need to go to PI. People want options without having to pay the money for PI. You really are forced to go to PI if your running 7.3.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

If I havent bought anything before... .. so you suggest I directly go with PI instead buying NCS? Will I get the same all feature in NCS?

I would say yes... Go with PI if the price is right for you. It's basically NCS with LMS an NCS WAN all in one.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for your advice.

Anyway , do you what kind of "  end-to-end network visibility " (example from this feature)? because i am quite confused of this assurance license.

Assurance License - Provides access to the Assurance feature set, which provides end-to-end network visibility of application and service performance to help ensure end-user quality of experience. The Assurance feature also provides the ability to manage and aggregate data and views across multiple Cisco Network Analysis Modules (NAMs)

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you need I know that PI is the management platform that Cisco has built for end to end solution. Now do you need it, it's up to you. I have clients that have purchased it just to manage the wireless only. Some have also used it for switches and routers, but I have yet to see a full blown install.

-Scott

Cisco is working towards having one platform be its end all be all for network management. PI is the first step I'm bringing allot this together. In PI there is WCS and most of LMS. as time goes on, PI will be the only platform.

If you are looking to renew or I d splat form NCS PI is the way to go

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Now I am confused in sizing the license. I want to purchase new PI which is Prime Infrastructure 1.2 . Is this PI 1.2 already launched worldwide? because I can't find L-PI12-LF-100 in cisco ordering tools.

Hortono,

I started to write a long and lengthy msg about my experience with this, but instead, let me direct you to the horses mouth.  There have been weekly webinars in regards to Cisco Prime (many differnt products under this headline) including Infrastructure.  I believe the Cisco PI is actually scheduled for Thursdays, so hopefully you'll look at this in time to catch it and ask your questions from the gurus.

https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?J=200462944&PW=NMzhhNjM5OGU3

Looks like this may be the last week, catch it if you can.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card