Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between cisco prime infrastructure and cisco WCS

Can you explain me difference between cisco prime infrastructure and cisco WCS.. I'm little bit confuse...

Thanks..

5 Replies 5

Im not sure what u exactly mean. But wcs supports wlcs up to 7.0.x only..Prime the newest versions. And it is a newer development with more features maybe and supports also switches etc.

regards,

sebastian

pls. rate if helpful

Thanks for your replay...I mean,can i management, trobleshoting wlc with prime which is wcs do???prime can do wcs work????

Hi Hasan,

In terms of features...You can say PI is more advanced version of WCS and NCS. All the stuff possible in WCS/NCS can be done on PI as well.

But from the architecture perspective , there are differences. If I remember correctly , WCS is based on 32 bit OS while NCS and PI based on 64 bit OS. For the same reason you cannot do inline upgrade from WCS to PI via any path and will have to change the platform/Hardware itself before moving to PI. However , inline upgrade from NCS to PI is possible if we follow the correct path.

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

Thankssss

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, you can purchase WCS anymore. Moving forward, you should be on Prime Infrastructure 2.1 and or Prime Infrastrucure 2.2 when it gets released. 

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card