Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Power local and Power client for Autonomous 3702 AP's

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3

Hello experts,

I was configuring over CLI the power on my new 3702 autonomous AP to make a site survey. But i noticed 2 kind of power.

"Power local" and "Power client" commands. There is also "Power client local" command...

I think i understand the "power local" command, this is the power transmitted from the AP right ?

But what are the 2 other commands "Power client" and "Power client local" ?

Thanks,

AL

1 Reply 1

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

power local   :  Set the transmit power for the 802.11b, 2.4-GHz radio or the 5-GHz radio to one of the power levels allowed in your regulatory domain.

power client  : Set the maximum power level allowed on client devices that associate to the wireless device.

The settings allowed in your regulatory domain might differ from the settings listed here.

The local parameter tells the client to set its transmitter power to match the access point's local power setting. This limits the client to the higher OFDM or CCK power set on the access point.

The maximum transmit power depends on your regulatory domain and the antenna gain for your access point or bridge. This command requires the client radio to be turned on and enabled to determine the valid power settings configured on your access point.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card