Views
Helpful
Replies

different speed test via two phones

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

we will test the throughput of an access point and we have two phones (Glaxay A10 and Hawuei)

the problem:

why if we are  in the same position to test the throughput ( speed test via phone ) ,

the two phones (  (Glaxay A10 and Hawuei)  give different speed test and different throughput  despite they are in the same place  .

PLease , i need from expert wirless explain me why the two phone in the same place give different speed test

(   Glaxay A10 give  high speed and the other phone hawei give  low speed  )  i the same position that a allows us to hesitate for our work !!!

thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Speed Depends on the phone models and vendors.

Not every phone support high throughput (802.11ac or 802.11n).

Check Which phone is connected to which protocol(802.11ac or 802.11bn..etc)

Reagrds

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is your wireless environment, controller based or standalone ? Include controller-model + ap-model + software versions used, etc,..

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No  

i ask  about  why we have different speed test throught two phone in tha same position to check  speed test  !!! 

wireless based controller !!!  

Speed Depends on the phone models and vendors.

Not every phone support high throughput (802.11ac or 802.11n).

Check Which phone is connected to which protocol(802.11ac or 802.11bn..etc)

Reagrds

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

thanks to reply 

the phone Glaxy A10 support band 2.4GH and give  high throughput  and  Also the Phone huawei  suport band  2.4GHZ

give low speed test   ....the two  phone are in the same position to check speed  test !!!

SO what is the reason  that in the same position   , they give  different speed test !!

thanks in advance 

What Cisco equipment do you have, like what was asked previously? You need to always post the details to what controller, access points and code you are running. Then also post some details with screen shots of the issues.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

@Sandeep Choudhary 

I check and i Tell you !!

Thanks to Reply me 

Different devices are different hardware and software so you cannot compare them!
They probably have different chipsets, antennas, MIMO capabilities and each vendor has their own customised version of Android - you need to check the device specs. If you have 2 identical devices (same hardware and software) then you can compare them.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card