Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct mac l2 communication between wireless andcopper on Lightweight Cisco

Hello,

We are using a Cisco Lightweight Wireless network with around 100 AP and 3 controllers 4402 in L3 mode.

We have a new Video system with Wireless 802.11b remote control. The thing is this system work only with mac address, so we need direct Layer 2 connection between the remote control (wifi) and the server (copper).

Do somebody knows if it is possible to configure the controller to link the copper network directly to the same subnet as the Wifi and how?

Many thanks.

Gael

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

L3 mode is only for the communication between access point and the controller. Devices on Wired and wireless side on same VLAN still operate in Layer 2. But make sure VLANs are configured properly and associated to WLANs on WLC. Refer URL http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml for sample configuration.

Hi thanks for the info.

Well i understand, but its still stange.

My wifi and fix network is configured properly.

-> wifi remote control = 172.17.1.173/28

-> terminal on fixe network = 172.17.1.165/28

I can ping the terminal from the Wifi remote control but the application do not work, it seem to be that the application is doing a broadcast on l2 to find the terminal, and this part doesn't work. So I was wondering if the controller could in any way stop those packet...

I will sniff.

Thanks.

Gael

Hello,

I just sniff and I saw that packet

src:172.17.1.173:1065 dst:255.255.255.255:30718

UDP

is beeing sent but not received, any idea why?

Cheers

Gael

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card