cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable C9800 session timeout timer for IP Phone

sky wong
Level 1
Level 1

can we disable the session timeout for Voice devices eg. IP-Phone on Cisco C9800 (use Voice only SSID)

as the IP phone needs to operate 7 x24x365

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/c9800-session-timeout-timer/td-p/4646389

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

sky wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marce:

I have read that before, it means I have to e-authenticate every 24hrs, which would case a call to drop, which seems not right.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

There is no option of disable it. you can configure the session timeout according to your need or at maximum

Good Luck

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Session timeout can be set to 0, but internally that is 24 hours.  Keep in mind, when the phone if offline and or reboot, the session timer restarts.  If the phone goes to sleep and does not respond to the ap because of a power save feature, then the phone is disassociated from the ap due to the idle timer expiring.  I know that many hospitals have set theirs to 0 and have various types of ip phones with no issue due to the idle timer or session timer.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card