cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable client function missing from WCS 7.0.172.0

chris.brunt
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to manually disable clients from within WCS by calling up the client in 'Monitor Client' and then in previous versions you used to be able to select 'Disable Client' from the drop down list. This would take you to the template page where you would deploy this to the controller(s).  It's not there anymore in my version. It means you have to do it manually, which is really annoying.

3 Replies 3

joshserba
Level 1
Level 1

Chris, did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm wondering the same thing about the "disable" option from the drop down when viewing the client details.  I used to use this often, and now I have to go to the controller to accomplish it.  It's a pain, and our help desk doesn't have access to the controller, just WCS.

The alternative is to add them to the manually disabled clients page, but it's a pain and forces you to create a new template each time you want to disable a new client.  I'd rather just disable them from the client properties page.

I'd like to get some type of info on this, or to know of another way of getting this done.

No I'm afraid it seems WCS is not being developed anymore. Cisco want you to fork out for Prime NCS now.

Yeah, I figured.  I have a demo running, but we can't purchase it yet.  Unfortunately I'll have to run WCS for a while until I have money to upgrade...

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card