cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I’m new to Cisco wireless and need some guidance with setting up a wireless infrastructure please?I have 2x AIR-AP1141N which I would like to setup both as access points on the same SSID.I’ve been reading up on WDS but got lost as is usually t...

Hello FolksI Defined a  2nd  radius server on the the controller as Backup , i m trying to put it as primary to test if it authenticate the WiFi users  but i received the below pop up,can u pls explain the write way to do that without affecting the c...

Hifollowing problem. We used in our datacenter as a centralized controller aWLC 5508 with software version 6.0.196.0. We use the HREAP feature  for ourremote sites .Now I´ve the problem that somtimes the HREAP VLAN settings for the APs willbe lost. T...

alex.roth by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! PEAP = no 802.11n

I just deployed a new SSID using PEAP and machine authentication.  I was very suprised when all clients started connecting at 54 mb instead of giving me 802.11n data rates.  If they connected to the old SSID, n rates were fine.  Why would this authen...

jlhainy by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone can tell me if there is any API for the Aironet wireless adapter? I'm trying to get some parameters as the signal strenght from the card to be displayed in my application. I have spent some hours looking that information in this site/foru...

I am using WAP4410N AP for my station testing. I have to automate AP configuration in PERL via SNMP. Can somebody help me to find AP's MIB file? Specifically I failed to find SNMP OID for Encryption type (TKIP or AES). Please help me out in this. Tha...

csrclient by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4402 used as an Anchor for a WLAN used only for videoconferencing. These devices do not connect to our domain so they cannot use the normal WLANs. The problem we have appears to be jitter. There is a vendor server that these devices connect ...

rmerritt by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! WLC 5508 Licensing

I have recently deployed a 5508 with base license and license for 11 AP's.  Now I want to add another controller for redundancy wanted to find out how the licensing works?  Do I need to get 11 more licenses for this one too?And as I add AP licenses t...

ALIAOF_ by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello!i'm having trouble upgrading with a new image. the image itself should be OK, downloaded it from cisco site. i copied it to the APs flash, but when i try to extract it i get this messageap#archive download-sw flash:c1200-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2...

I need to apply a basic configuration to an ACS appliance (5.2) then ship it off to another location to be installed.  The initial installation script calls for you to configure the IP address, DNS, etc ... then pings the gateway and DNS before reboo...

cbradt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have come across this error before and I would like to know what causes this to happen. Here is the error:"Failed to add device to WCS Reason: COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem persists please report to the Tech S...

vancamt76 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the regulatory domain in mexico? I have reviewed the information from Cisco, and I see conflicting information, because in some places is domain-A and other is-N domain. Can I operate on 1-11 indoor channels or only from 2450 to 2483 MhZ?Has ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card