cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnections handheld (android 10) with Cisco 9800

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 9800 version C9800-L-C version 16.12.05 and my access are 9120.

In my network i have some handheld Honeywell CK65 with android 10.

But with these handhelds I have had problems during the day they suffer from disconnections.

My SSID is, MAC Filtering with WPA2, FT enable, session time 1800.

I executed a debug i can see the next.

Deleting the client, reason: 24, CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_SESSION_TIMEOUT, Client state S_CO_RUN

Having this log my idea will be increase the session time and maybe 802.11k i dont have another idea.

6 Replies 6

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I assume your Honeywell CK65's are deployed at a warehouse or a plant.

Troubleshooting wireless disconnections on these scenarios is tricky, and helpinh here with only a single line from a debug is almost impossible, as this could be due to collisions (hidden node), interference, insufficient cell overlap, real timeouts due to congestion on the LAN side (if you are using 802.1X), software defects in one side (client) and the other (infrastructure)... and so on.

First of all you need to have a good WLAN design performed by an experienced professional in order to reduce excesive CCI and guarantee seamless roaming with the use of proper antennas, then you need to configure the WLAN profile and the RF features to match the specifications of the client devices.

My check list will be:

• whether the issues are only on an isolate area or not
  • if only specific client devices are affected (or all of them)
  • check antenna orientation in those areas
  • check Tx power and manually configure channels to avoid CCI
  • disable vendor features such as load balance, band steering, Aironet IE or optimized roaming
  • then try to start disabling dot11 ammedments such as dot11r/k/v/w
  • disable dot11ax globally
  • disable device-analytics under WLAN profile
  • is there is an updated firmware for clients and for Cisco APs? Developers use to fix defects with every new release

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSCvu24770

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And you probably want to seriously consider updating IOS, at a minimum to latest 16.12 but rather 17.3.5a with required SMU.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CO_CLIENT_DELETE_REASON_SESSION_TIMEOUT this means client got deleted due to session timeout. I would suggest you increase the timeout to maximum possible value (86400) under policy profile attached to this SSID. 

@JPavonM has provided an excellent approach to solve your problem in the long term and must be followed, but for an immediate fix I like to suggest after changing the session timeout to disable FT completely and check. I would also check the possibility for an urgent upgrade to latest Cisco recommended code (17.3.5a). 

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I increase the session time, it seems that the connection has improved a bit and I am waiting for authorization to update my controller.

for my workaround, Set session timeout to 0. And if you've upgraded WLC, please update it.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card